Everyone has this list, the things they are looking forward to when shelter-in-place, social distancing policies are relaxed. For those who were curious, here are mine (in no order):
- Swim in my building pool. I picked my current apartment because it had a respectable pool and hot tub setup. However, due to CDC guidelines those have been closed. I am thoroughly excited for the policies to be relaxed and for the pool to open up so that I can just laze around in the pool!
- Visit a sandy beach. More of the same as above, but the one thing I miss about my time in Sydney, Australia is going to the beach with a picnic blanket, a good book and some sunscreen. I wanted to do more of that this year before quarantine started and now quarantine has made me miss this simple pass time even more.
- Visit friends’ homes.
- Alone to a cafe or restaurant to eavesdrop on people’s conversations. Eating alone in restaurants to just soak in the environment is my favourite way of discovering new restaurants where I live or when I travel. I can’t wait to do more of the same specially since I have moved once cafes and restaurants open up.
- Lush cosmetics. Now that I have a bath tub, I want to be able to walk into a Lush Cosmetics store to experience the overwhelming smell of bath bombs and bubble bars galore!
- A scalp massage at a hair salon. This is probably the one thing from the list that may not happen as businesses change their standard operating procedures in light of COVID-19. However, getting a scalp massage and a hair wash is my favourite part of a hair cut or a hair style. I will happily pay extra if this is not included in the base price. Also this is written a few minutes after I noticed my split ends, so it’s no shocker that I want to get a hair cut.
I am going to treat this article as an evergreen list. So come back after quarantine is over to see what my final list is.