I am planning for 2021 in 2020. Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be. This document is intended to capture my thought process as I plan for 2021 and not my actual resolutions.
My operating philosophy when thinking about resolutions in a new year, is to set out what goals I want to achieve by the end of the year and then translate those into tactical tasks to take on. While I will not share the tactical tasks, here are the goals I want to achieve in 2021.
Note: This list will evolve as I think of more requirements.
- I will be working from home for the rest of 2021. Google has already said that employees will work from home till July 1, 2021. I expect this to be extended till the end of the year.
- I won’t be able to travel as much as I did before 2020.
- Continue being a a consistent reader. See more details on my reading goals here.
- Continue cooking and baking in 2021 with an emphasis on learning new recipes.
- Aim to work no more than 9 hours a day. I am currently working from 9 am to 7 pm. This needs to change.
- Start taking active steps towards working in the health industry. For example, take basic biology courses.
Mind and Health
- Invest time in seeing friends and family locally and internationally.
- Have a regular routine including a workout and errand routine and sleeping 8 hours a day.
- Take further steps towards investing in my independence and confidence.
- Take active steps towards accepting my physique.
- Take active steps towards doing things that make me uncomfortable.
- Have a more diverse investment strategy. For example, sell Google Stock Units to invest in a more diverse profile.
- Take active steps towards purchasing a house.