I started a podcast, just in case you missed the news!
It’s called “The Nano Bookcast” and you can find the public page on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/naina-raisinghani.
Since I started my podcast, the most frequent questions I have been asked are around the infrastructure I have to record said podcast. It’s not that difficult, so here it goes!
- I use the Blue Yeti mic with a pop filter connected to it to record.
- I use a Macbook Pro as my laptop of choice.
Recording, Hosting, Editing
- I use Anchor.fm to do the following:
- Host my RSS feed and audio recordings
- Edit my podcast
- Provide me with additional transition music
- BONUS: It also helped me create a logo for my podcast!
Anchor automatically deals with uploading my podcast to a few platforms including Spotify. However, I had to manually add my podcast to Google Podcast Manager where it took a few days for the first episode to appear!
You can also manually claim your podcast on Spotify allowing you to get Spotify specific analytics.
I will keep updating this article as my setup gets more complicated, for example when I have guests but this simple setup suffices for now!