I planned my first solo road trip to Santa Barbara in the middle of a pandemic, and here is my itinerary!
*Note: Things I researched but didn’t end up doing are denoted with a `` (asterisk)**
- Make reservations for all activities and restaurants far in advance due to COVID capacity restrictions
I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara. Currently all restaurants on site are open for outdoor dining!
Since I planned this trip last minute in the middle of a pandemic I stayed away from group activities that required reservations and instead opted to free style the trip, here is what I did end up doing:
- Yoga at the hotel or on the beach!
- Hanging out at the hotel pool
- I would recommend checking out some hikes in the area!*
- Watch the sunset at Shoreline Park
- Stop in San Luis Obispo when driving to Santa Barbara from the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Visit the Bubble Gum Alley
- Brunch at Novo Restaurant
- Vintage Shopping in Santa Barbara
- Boathouse at Hendry beach
- Andersen bakery
- Lunch/ Dinner
Go wine tasting in the Funk Zone! It’s what Santa Barbara is known for! Here are few places to go drinking in the area: