2022, a new year, a new year must read book list! Lol, ummm so here’s the deal. I currently have around 20 or so books on my book shelf that I have bought over the years but that I haven’t read. This is a travesty, since when I did become a person who uses books for decoration!? 😮 I also have a very long hold list on Libby (I have run out of my hold capacity in both libraries that I am a part of!) So my reading goals for 2022 are simple!
- Read all the physical books I have present on my bookshelf.
- Dear Reader: I have 36 unread books on my bookshelf.
- Part with any hard copies of books that I didn’t truly enjoy and wouldn’t recommend to others.
- I am not allowed to buy any other hard covers until I get rid of 50% of the books on my shelf.
- The exception is if I forget my Kindle when traveling, I wouldn’t be caught dead without a book.
- Read all the books I have on hold on Libby.
- Dear Reader: I have 53 books on hold in Libby, this is not happening. Maybe the goal should be to cut down my holds by around 25% this year?
- Cook/bake at least one recipe from each cookbook I possess this year. (This seems doable!)
- I don’t have a goal on the genre of books to read, I still want to keep reading poetry, fiction and non fiction. Reading more poetry seems hard to do though as I don’t have any anthologies on hold or on my book shelf.