I recently learnt that Ottawa is the capital of Canada! And not Quebec City? News to me! But to make it up to Ottawa here is my itinerary on what to do/see/eat while in Ottawa!
I really enjoyed visiting Montreal for the weekend, so here is my itinerary and I hope you enjoy!
*Note: Things I researched but didn’t end up doing are denoted with a `*`
- While we stayed at the Ottawa Marriott it was nothing much – it was a basic hotel and a bit of a let down after the Renaissance in Montreal. Not to say it’s not a nice hotel – it was close to everything. Just nothing special!
- Visit the nation’s capital and visit the following sites:
- Supreme Court
- Parliament Hill
- Observation Deck at Peace Tower
- Rideau Canal
- Alexandra Bridge lookout
- Nepean Point* (closed at the time)
- Major’s Hill Park
- Gatineau Park* for a hike
- Nordic spa experience at Koena Spa – go during the week for the Out of Office special!
Food and Drinks
- Visit the beautiful Fairmont Château Laurier for a drink
- Visit ByWard Market:
- El Corazon di Maiz
- Joey’s Rideau – I wasn’t expecting a place with such a large and diverse menu to have good food – but this place didn’t disappoint!
- Beaver Tails* – when in Canada one must try Beaver Tails!
- Scone Witch*
- Art-Is-In Bakery*