August 30, 2022 marks my one year anniversary on Tiktok so let’s do a retrospective!
Before I recap the lessons I have learnt so far, let’s take a look at my stats so far!
|Date||Followers||Likes||Number of videos|
|August 30, 2021||8||7||2|
|September 11, 2021||13||93||9|
|October 8, 2021||24||227||28|
|October 30, 2021||43||284||36|
|April 24, 2022||173||1123||155|
|August 20, 2022||236||2185 (600 bought) = 1585||229|
- Most recently my wedding invite video has done the best with 1435 views and 82 likes.
- I have 7 videos with more than 1000 organic views.
- I have 6 videos where I bought 1000 views and 100 likes each.
- 58.2% female and 41.8% male (My following has started skewing more female)
- 78% of my viewers are in the US.
I am now consistently getting Advanced copies from Riverhead Books to review online. I have also been engaging with the account my commenting on their posts and mentioning them in my posts as well.
- My shopping content has done the best so far! It mentioned a brand and had the tags #shopping #haul #brandname
- Smaller brands engage with your content when you mention or tag them in your content.
- My book content is not doing well more recently this is specially true if I am doing the voice over.
- Very few people watch my full videos still!
Things to try
- Ask myself the following questions:
- Does having a niche increase my engagement chances?
- Are certain verticals better than others?
- I have accumulated 236 followers in a year. That is <1 follower per day. How do I go from this to gaining 5 followers a day? 10 followers a day?
- Try a voiceover even during my food and travel montages.
- Try dabbling in more haul and shopping content
- Can I get on more brands’ PR list?
- Make a media packet
- Which brands do I want to work with in my first year? Reach out to those brands.
- Reach out to PR agencies.